We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and oral health.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Our office has reopened as of May 11th, 2020. We all look forward to seeing our patients again and want you to be informed of some changes you will see at your next appointment. Following the latest guidance of the ADA, CDC, and OSHA we have implemented new protocols to protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will call you before your appointment to ask pre-appointment screening questions. You will also be screened again when you arrive at the office.
- We ask you to please call our office when you arrive in the parking lot for your appointment and wait in your car until directed into our vestibule area for pre entrance screening.
- We ask you to wear a mask into our office. If you do not have a mask you may also wear a scarf or a fabric cloth. We have also provided a link for a tutorial on making a face mask at home. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn4PTer31-A
- You may notice our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We do ask for only the patient to come in for an appointment. In the event the patient requires a parent or caregiver to be present we will ask that person to also wear a mask and will have to undergo the pre-appointment screening process as well.
We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (828) 252-6541.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Jeffrey Efird and Team